The Philippine Music has spread out another trend for listeners. K-pop or Korean pop emerges from the Korean wave of hit Korean series shown in ABS-CBN and GMA. This was pushed through by the appearance of former Philippine star Sandara Park as one of the member of a known girl group in Korea. Today, Korean groups and solo acts remark their spot for the local music trend. Check out the top 10 K-Pop artist who are most popular in the country through this current time.
1. Super Junior- K-pop male group from SM Entertainment who popularized hit songs such as Sorry Sorry, Bonamana, No Other and the latest Perfection. Most of their song peaks at number 1 in a local music video station in the Philippines, MYX and other local FM stations. They have also a huge fan base in the Philippines as the group made a record as one of the most jam-packed concert in Araneta Coliseum beating world known artists such as Michael Jackson, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars and others.
2. SNSD or Girls Generation- Another artist from SM Entertainment is a counterpart of SuJu since they are composed of 9 lovely females. Hit songs includes Oh!, Run Devil Run, Mr. Taxi and Hoot. The first two songd made these girls very popular as Filipino fans idolize them in terms of singing powers, beauty and body.
3. 2ne1- Sandara Park is one of the members of this 4 female group from YG Entertainment. Their first and second single, Fire and I Don’t Care gave them a nod in the 2009 MYX Awards for Best International Artist but it was Go Away that won them an award for Best K-pop Artist beating SNSD and Super Junior. Their latest hits are Lonely and I Am The Best which are also dominating the countdown. They just recently performed their concert in Araneta Coliseum last May 2011.
4. Big Bang- The counterpart of 2ne1 from YG Entertainment is composed of 5 male singers. Two of them, G-Dragon and T.O.P. have also made hits in the local video station with High High. The group is known with hit singles Tonight and Love Song.
5. Wonder Girls- Who couldn’t forget the dance step of this 5-female group singers with their worldwide hit Nobody? This song was considered as the most popular Korean song in the Philippines in the year of 2009. In different local FM Station, this song peaks at number 1 and has influenced the dance steps routine of different ages. 2 Different Tears is also one of their hit songs here.
6. Shinee- Another 5-male group artist who popularize Lucifer with their hot dance steps and Hello executing their cuteness. These two songs made good positions in MYX countdown and other local FM stations all over the Philippines.
7. U-Kiss- This group is consists of cute and handsome boys who visited the Philippines twice for concerts. Their hit songs include Bingeul Bingeul and Shut Up. They also made an act in SOP.
8. Beast- Or B2ST is a 6-male group with a rock themed song Breathe and the very cool and soothing Beautiful.
9. 4Minute- They have been in the Philippines for concerts and have been performed in ASAP with their hit sexy and hot single Hot Issue.
10. C.N. Blue- They are just newbie in the K-pop world but have already made an impact to music listeners through hit singles Loner and Intuition. You are Beautiful star Jung Yong Hwa is one of the member of this male group.
Other K-pop artists who deliver hit singles in the Philippines are JYJ “Ayy Girl”, 2PM “I’ll Be Back”, SS501, FT Island, Jay Park and many more.
Here are our recommended K-pop artists who have not yet penetrated the local Philippine music scene.
2. miss A
7. Lee Hyori
12. SG Wanabee
15. Rain Bi
- Girls’ Generation Dominates MYX Philippines Music Charts! (entervrexworld.wordpress.com)
- Chicosci Comes Back With Latest Single ‘Red Lips’ (entervrexworld.wordpress.com)
- Sandara Park, Yoo In Na and Jinusean to attend YG Listing Ceremony (oneasiaa.com)
- Anne Curtis’ Debut Album “AnneBisyosa” Beats Juustin Bieber’s “Under The Mistletoe” In Philippine’s Major Album Charts! (entervrexworld.wordpress.com)